Quantitative AFM methods of measuring local mechanical and electric properties are based on knowing the probe characteristics and microscope performance, which is a non-trivial issue in existing scanning probe microscopes. SPM Labs were not satisfied with the existing tools to do this, and so have developed the Dynamic Cantilever Calibrator to measure the spring constant and inverse optical sensitivity.
This accessory also serves as a valuable diagnostic tool for measurements of the instrument noise floor (in fm/√Hz) and pre-amplifier frequency response in the broad frequency range. The current version of the Dynamic Cantilever Calibrator is for use with MultiMode and Dimension scanning probe microscopes.
- Acquired signals: Normal and Lateral deflection signals
- Operational bandwidth 250 Hz to 8 MHz
- Sample rates: 1, 4, 8, 16 MHz
- Input Signal Ranges: +-10, +-50, +-100, +-200, +-500 mV
- Dimensions: 236 mm (L) x 106 mm (W) x 58 mm (H)