Professional, High Efficiency and Intelligent WVTR Test System
W3/230 Water Vapor Transmission Rate Test System is designed for the determination of water vapor transmission rate of film and package specimens. It has three test modes and is applicable to various materials with high, medium and low water vapor permeability. It is also embedded with high precision infrared sensor, which provides a wide test range of 0.1~1000g/m2 24h and durable service life.
- Wide range and high-precision of temperature and humidity control to support various combinations of non-standard test conditions
- Standard, proportional, and continuous testing modes facilitate to test different materials with distinct water vapor permeability
- Convenient fast-access calibration ports for temperature and humidity
- Reference film for fast and accurate calibration
W3/230 system is based on the infrared sensor method and utilizes Labthink's latest exclusive patent design of three diffusion cells integrated in one instrument for individual or multiple tests, which improves test efficiency by 3 times.
- Embedded computer control system provides safer and more reliable data management as well as test operation.
- Three diffusion cells are integrated in one instrument with lower space occupancy rate and higher test efficiency
- Three distinct or equivalent specimens can be tested individually with independent test results at one operation
- The instrument can be easily operated with a mouse, a keyboard, and a monitor, without requiring a PC
- The instrument is equipped with four USB ports and dual Internet ports for convenient data transmission
The instrument is equipped with the latest operating software, with user-friendly operating interface and intelligent data management functions. It also supports LystemTM Lab Data Sharing System, which ensures uniform management of test results and test reports.
- Intelligent designs for test result evaluation, sensor calibration reminding, tracing or managing operation record provide a safe and easy operation environment
- Embedded help document is convenient for user viewing
- Detailed information for each test can be saved through embedded database storage technology, and users could view historical test data in various patterns.
Infrared method is used by W3/230 Water Vapor Transmission Rate Test System: The test specimen is mounted in the diffusion cell, which is subsequently divided into a dry chamber and a controlled-humidity chamber. The dry side of the specimen is swept by a flow of dry nitrogen, and the water vapor permeating through the specimen from the controlled-humidity chamber is carried by dry nitrogen to the infrared sensor where proportion electrical signals will be generated. The water vapor transmission rate is obtained by analyzing and calculating the electrical signals. For package samples, dry nitrogen flows inside the package, and moisturized nitrogen flows outside.
Specifications Film Test Package Test (Optional) Test Range 0.01 ~ 40 g/m2·24h (Standard)
0.1 ~ 1000 g/m2·24h (Optional)
0.0001 ~ 0.2 g/pkg·d Specimen Size 108 mm x 108 mm
Temperature control for one package test:
< Ф180 mm, Height < 380 mm
Temperature control for 3 package test:
< Ф100 mm, Height < 380 mm
No size limitation for tests without temperature control device
Number of Specimen 3 with independent test results Specimen Thickness ≤3 mm / Test Area 50 cm2 / Temperature Range 15°C ~ 55°C (standard) Temperature Accuracy ±0.1°C (standard) Humidity Range 0%RH, 35%RH ~ 90%RH, 100%RH Humidity Accuracy ±1%RH Carrier Gas 99.999% high-purified nitrogen (outside of supply scope) Flow of Carrier Gas 0 ~ 200 mL/min Pressure of Carrier Gas 0.28 MPa/40.6 psi Port Size 1/8 inch copper tubing Instrument Dimension 690 mm (L) x 350 mm (W) x 360 mm (H) Power Supply 220VAC 50Hz / 120VAC 60Hz Net Weight 70 kg
- ASTM F1249
- ISO 15106-2