The accuracy and consistency of the STE hardness tester are due to the original principle of the loading system. The applied force causes the penetration of the indenter into the surface with a force determined by a calibrated expendable shear pin, which shears at 1580 kgF (15.500N). The diameter of the resulting indentation is measured by means of a conventional Brinell scope.
With the calibrated pin system only one reading of the indentation is necessary, error possibilities are cut by 50% compared to the impact bar system.
The comparison errors are eliminated and the resulting accuracy is comparable to the bench hardness testers. The ERNST STE is the most widely used system in Brinell hardness testing. ISO 6506.
- Ernst patented Calibrated Pins System
- Static load (STE/A with clamp); dynamic load (with hammer)
- 1580kp (15500N)
- HB30 - N/mm - kg/mm on reading chart
- 30mm without surface preparation
- on ERNST hardness charts
- Standard: 8x eyepice. Optional: 20X hilight Brinell scope; E-BRIO Brinell Optical Reader
- -20C +50C
- 30cm x 18cm x 6cm
- With the E-BRIO Brinell Optical Reader the indentations can be stored, printed and used for statistics.
- min. 20mm x 20mm
- Package of 250 calibrated pins
- 8x eyepiece
- Wooden case for STE/B
- Cylinder for impact testing
- Up holding key
- Steel penetrator
- Hardness conversion chart and operating instructions
- Oil and Gas