BMC-B1 is designed for determination of mechanical properties of packaging materials such as plastic films, laminates and paper by a free falling dart from a certain height. This instrument is designed according to ASTM D1709 with method A & B.
- 2 test methods of A & B and automatic determination of testing status
- Electromagnetic suspension and automatic release of the falling dart reduce the errors caused by manual operation
- Pneumatic clamping, 2 starting modes of manual and pedal switch and built-in observation light are convenient to the user's operation
- Professional software supports multi-unit result display, graphic display of testing process and data export and printing
- Equipped with RS232 port and micro printer port which is convenient for data transmission and PC connection
- Supports LystemTM Lab Data Sharing System for uniform and systematic data management
Before starting the test, choose test method, and estimate an initial mass and Δm. Start the test. If the first specimen fails, decrease the mass of the falling dart by Δm. If the first specimen is not a failure, increase the mass of the falling dart by Δm. Continue the test according to this rule. In brief, increase or decrease by Δm according to whether the former specimen is a failure or not. After 20 specimens, calculate the total number of failed specimens N. If N equals to 10, the test is over. If N is less than 10, add specimens and continue to test until N equals to 10. If N is greater than 10, add specimen and continue the test until the number of non-failure specimens reaches 10. Then the tester calculates the test results automatically according to specific formulas.
This instrument conforms to various national and international standards:
ASTM D1709, ISO 7765-1-1988, JIS K7124-1, GB/T 9639.1-2008
Specifications BMC-B1 Test Method Method A or Method B is optional Test Range Method A: 50~2000 g Method B: 300~2000 g Accuracy 0.1 g (0.1J) Specimen Clamp Pneumatic Clamp Pressure of Gas Supply 0.6 MPa (outside of supply scope) Port of Gas Supply ?8 mm PU Tubing Specimen Size 150 mm x 150 mm Power Supply AC 220V 50Hz Net Weight 70 kg Instrument Dimension Method A: 500 mm (L) x 450 mm (W) x 1320 mm (H) Method B: 500 mm (L) x 450 mm (W) x 2160 mm (H)
- ASTM D1709
- ISO 7765-1-1988