SRV Tester FFT-1
SRV Tester FFT-1
Next generation SRV Testing Machine designed to test lubricant, grease, additives and materials in high frequency linear oscillation motion. Rtec SRV test system measures friction and wear of lubricant, oil, grease, and additives in linear oscillatory motion. Generate data compliant to several ASTM, DIN, ISO standards. Test collected samples from field or for research purpose. The SRV tester comes fully automated and computer controlled. The setup is easy to calibrate and comes with standard oil and samples. It not only runs several standard test methods but also allows to create new custom methods for future petroleum product standards.
Rtec Instruments develops and manufactures advanced mechanical and surface testing and measurement solutions for research and industrial applications. They specialise in combining techniques that provide a unique perspective in material testing. Their testers include tribometer, profilometer, scratch tester, high-temperature indenter, and corrosion testers. Furthermore, their testers provide the most robust and versatile platform in the market for testing friction, wear, adhesion, hardness, roughness, and film thickness from nano to macro-scale.
- 10 µm – 2.8 mm stroke / 0.1 mm to 5 mm stroke
- Up to 300/500 Hz oscillating frequency
- High Resolution Piezo Sensors
- Electromagnetic Coils
- Room to 350°C (optional -40°C, 800°C) temperature
- 3000 N Down Force
SRV Test Machines Like No Other
The test method covers studying tribology between two contacting surfaces subjected to high frequency linear oscillation.
- A: Down Force Control - Real time down force control.
- B: Voice Coil - Electromagnetic actuator to impart linear reciprocating motion. Dependent on the test optional additional coils are available to double the friction force range
- C: High Accuracy Position Control - The most accurate and precise displacement control in the market. Up to 1nm resolution and micron level of accuracy
- D: Environmental Chambers - The wide temperature range standard room to 180°C (from -40 to 400/800 °C available). Close loop temperature control
- E: Flexure Design - Unmatched Waveform Control - Magnetic flexure design prevents friction of rolling or bearing. The coil controls the stroke by monitoring smallest of increments of waveform change
- F: Piezo Friction Measurement - The tester comes with piezo sensors to measure real-time friction at high frequency. Ultra low noise amplifiers allows detection of minute changes in friction
- G: Additional In-line Sensors - Acoustic emission to detect onset of cracks. ECR measures surface resistance changes to gain more insight on the film thickness
- H: Liquid Containers Sample Holder - Customizable liquid and sample holders for standard and non-standard tests
Data and Analysis
Custom and ASTM Standard Tests Available
Ball Wear Mark and Volume Wear
3D wear mark of ball surface after the test.
Real Time Friction and Downforce
Real-time friction and down force data.
Real Time Stroke Control
Real-time down force and stroke control.
COF values and Wear Scar Diameter
Table 1: COF values at different time intervals
Table 2: Wear Scar Diameter (mm)
With stroke control from 10 µm the Rtec Instruments SRV tester simulates many test conditions that are not possible using any other commercially available tester.
Traceable Friction Force
Calibrated friction force sensors to NIST traceable standards. This ensures correct absolute friction values.
Vibration dampening frame symmetrical design and rigid samples holders yield a high system stiffness. This high rigidity facilitates the high repeatability of data and wear marks with ease.
Reliability On Long Runs
The unique flexure suspension guides the magnet assembly without contact or lubrication. The design eliminates performance degradation over time. It delivers near maintenance free operation for a long time.
Ultra precise stroke control allows simulation of many applications. Including studying oil starvation areas and fretting
Several Applicable Standards
- Power Plants
Comprehensive repairs and servicing
Annual Support Programs
Your metrology instrumentation is a major investment that is critical to your business operation and success. In today’s competitive climate, it is more important than ever to extend the functionality and peak performance of your metrology equipment years beyond the expiration of your factory warranty. CN Tech’s Support Programs will help ensure that your investment is protected, and that you and your instrument’s are always operating at peak performance.
With over 20 years’ experience servicing and repairing you can be assured that your system is in safe hands. The independent services we offer include system relocation, maintenance visits, parts and consumables, and break down interventions.
CN Tech’s Support Programs are an economical way to guarantee optimal working condition:
- Annual Preventive Maintenance
- Priority Technical Assistance
- Preferred Parts Availability
- On-Site User Training
- Remote Diagnostics
- No surprise repair expense and much more!
Support Contact Example
An example of our service and support contracts are shown below:
Metrology & Instrumentation Annual Support Programs 2022/23
CN Tech's Support Programs will help ensure that your investment is protected, and that you and your instrument’s are always operating at peak performance.