Multi Function Tribometer MFT-3000
Modular bench top tribometer. Patented dual sensors technology. Wear and mechanical property analysis across nano, micro, and macro range. The state-of-the art Multi Function Tribometer MFT-3000 is a versatile and technologically advanced bench top tribometer. With next generation patented dual force sensor technology, it generates friction tests from nano to macro test range with great accuracy. With ultra high resolution, high speeds, and a wide environmental control range, several tribological applications possible with ease.
Rtec Instruments develops and manufactures advanced mechanical and surface testing and measurement solutions for research and industrial applications. We specialise in combining techniques that provide a unique perspective in material testing. Our testers include tribometer, profilometer, scratch tester, high-temperature indenter, and corrosion testers. Furthermore, our testers provide the most robust and versatile platform in the market for testing friction, wear, adhesion, hardness, roughness, and film thickness from nano to macro-scale.
- Patented dual load sensor technology
- Nano, Micro and Macro Load Ranges
- -50 °C to 1000 °C
- Modular with Interchangeable Modules
A Compact Tribometer Like No Other
Customisable For Your Needs:
- A: Platform - Rigid heavy duty construction design to conduct tribology tests on a bench top design
- B: Environmental control - Wide temperature (-50 °C to 1000 °C), humidity (5 to 95% RH), tribocorrosion and many more chambers available on the same platform
- C: Lower Interchangeable Test Module - Interchangeable fast-exchange test modules
- D: Dual Force Sensor - Dual simultaneous mounted patented range sensors from mN to 3000 N.
- E: X Stage - High precision 150 mm X stage to move test modules automatically
- F: Data Acquisition, Motion Controller - Advanced high speed, low noise, multiple channel, fast feedback and highest data acquisition rate (200KHz) controllers
Multiple modules can be added on top of the XY stage:
Unmatched Load Cell Technology
Capacitive, Piezo, And More
The universal mechanical tester MFT-3000 has a wide range of patented load cells providing unparalleled stability and resolution. The wide load range extends from nN to 3,000 N with easy interchangeable load cells.
Capacitive Load Cells
Highest resolution load cells with rigid design
Strain Gauge Load Cells
Sensors with widest load range
Piezo Load Cells
Highest resolution load cells with high frequency response
The friction coefficient and wear highly depend on environmental conditions. Therefore, tests should occur in conditions close to real application. MFT-3000 has a wide range of options (high temperature, corrosion, cooling, inert gas) available on the tribometer. Contact us for more application specific information.
High Heat and Cryogenic
Cryogenic to high temperature close loop chambers. -50 °C to 1000 °C\
Control humidity from 5 to 95% RH to simulate real life scenarios
Tribocorrosion, inert gas chambers for various applications
Patented Dual Sensor Technology
- Automatically change from nano to macro force range.
- Full range available on same setup: No removing or interchanging sensors.
- Highest resolution across the entire range.
- Automatic sensor recognition.
Multi Function Tribometer MFT-2000
Multi Function Tribometer MFT-3000
Multi Function Tribometer MFT-5000
- Hard Coating
- Optics and Glasses