Fretting Tester FFT Series
Variety of Fretting Wear Testers For Nano, Micro and Macro Range Testing. Rtec Fretting Solution – The state-of-the-art fretting testers to provide unequaled specifications of stroke and frequency in the industry. Controlled stroke from 10 microns and frequency up to 300 Hz frequency makes it an ideal fretting wear tester for both industry and university research.
Rtec Instruments develops and manufactures advanced mechanical and surface testing and measurement solutions for research and industrial applications. We specialise in combining techniques that provide a unique perspective in material testing. Our testers include tribometer, profilometer, scratch tester, high-temperature indenter, and corrosion testers. Furthermore, our testers provide the most robust and versatile platform in the market for testing friction, wear, adhesion, hardness, roughness, and film thickness from nano to macro-scale.
- 10 µm to 2.8 mm Stroke
- 1 to 300 Hz frequency
- High frequency piezo Sensors
- Electromagnetic Coils
A Fretting Machine Like No Other
Test the surface damage that occurs between two contacting surfaces. Analyze two-body abrasion, adhesion, and/or fretting fatigue wear.
- A: Down Force Control - Real time down force control to account for contact wear
- B: Voice Coil - Electromagnetic actuator that imparts linear reciprocating motion. Dependent on the test additional coils can be installed on the tester to double the force range
- C: High Accuracy Position Control - The most accurate and precise displacement control in the market. Up to 1nm resolution and micron level of accuracy. Extremely low noise. High responsiveness for dynamic performance of system
- D: Environmental Control - Study fretting wear across a wide range of temperature
- E: Unmatched Waveform Control - Without the friction of rolling or bearing, the magnetic flexure based design provides the control required for the most sensitive of tests. The unique controller adjusts to friction changes to maintain the stroke control in real-time
- F: Friction Measurement - The tester comes with high frequency piezo sensors to measure real-time friction. Ultra low noise amplifiers aids in detection of minute changes in friction with ease
- G: Additional In-line Sensors - Sensors such as acoustic emission to detect onset of cracks, and ECR to measure surface resistance changes to gain more insight on the material interface.
- H: Liquid Containers, Sample Holder - Customizable liquid and sample holders for standard and non standard tests.
Choose Your Model
Difference in Voice Coil Power For Friction Force
All Rtec Fretting tester are constructed on flexure based designs. The motion is imparted using electromagnetic actuators with real time stroke and wave form correction controllers. The difference in model lies in the power the coil can impart during the test.
Up to 500 N Down Force (Bench Top, Single or Dual Medium Power Coil)
3000 N Down Force (Floor Standing, Single High Power Coil).
5000 N Down Force (Floor Standing, Dual High Power Coil).
Data and Analysis
FFT series fretting wear test instruments optimize friction, wear, fretting fatigue tests at small amplitude and high frequency.
Rigid design with accurate real-time friction force allows the measure of fretting loops at different temperatures, and loads.
Real Time Friction Curves at 300 Hz, 3000 N
The graph shows real-time friction data at 300 Hz, 2300 N test on dry material fretting test.
Fretting Failure Marks
Rtec 3D profilometer allows to create 3D images of surfaces with ease.
- Wear Resistance
- Thermal Spray Coatings
- High Temperature
- Engine Related Tests
- Tribology and Friction Testing
- Wear Resistance and Testing
- Power Plants