Job Vacancy: Technical Sales Engineer
Position: Technical Sales Engineer - Mechanical Testing, Tribology and Nanoindentation Instrumentation
Territory: United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Scandinavia and the Middle East
Products: Mechanical Testing, Tribometers, Nanoindenters
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK - Office/Field Based
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Function: Sales and Business Development
About CN Tech
Founded in 2009, CN Tech is a rapidly growing distributor for market leading analysis and material testing instrumentation. We provide sales, service, and support across a diverse and expanding product range, which includes instrumentation for surface analysis, material and mechanical testing, and microscopy.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated Technical Sales Engineer to cover the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Scandinavia and the Middle East territories for our Mechanical Testing, Tribology and Nanoindenter instrumentation. This full-time opportunity would suit someone who has extensive knowledge and experience in Tribology, Nano Indentation or Mechanical Testing.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities (but are not limited to)
- Develop CN Tech's presence and activity in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Scandinavia and the Middle East.
- Liaise with prospective customers.
- Develop close collaboration with key industrial and academic partners.
- Constantly uncover and pursue new business opportunities.
- Use of customer relationship management (CRM).
- Respond to enquiries in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Maintain accurate forecasting and market tracking documents.
- Accurate and thorough completion of quotations and tenders.
- Negotiating and closing orders to exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Representation of CN Tech at conferences/exhibitions/workshops.
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their equipment.
- Perform system demonstrations / sample-runs including preparation of detailed reports.
- Liaison with international vendors.
- Perform system installations and after sales support.
Skills & Experience
- First-class sales acumen with a proven record of generating business growth in a scientific instrument’s environment (proven achievement of sales targets and objectives for a minimum of two years).
- Broad understanding of science and engineering, with ability to translate complex research needs into the delivery of a commercially viable solution, whilst facing commercial and technical competition.
- Strong and enthusiastic cross-cultural communication skills with diverse audiences from lab technician to director level.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver effective technical presentations and product demonstrations to customers.
- Strong presentation and demonstration skills, including creation of professional and clear materials.
- Basic understanding of domestic and international commerce.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in Science, Engineering, or a related subject (or possess equivalent experience/qualifications).
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel within the UK and internationally, with the expectation of travel between 25 to 50% (internationally for training and business meetings).
- Located in the United Kingdom within easy access to the main road network.
- Full UK driving licence
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.