- Higher loads and wider applications make iMicro the only choice for serious research labs around the world.
- Allows for a wide range of tests including, but not limited to frequency specific experiments, storage and loss modulus, modulus and hardness (Oliver and Pharr) and constant strain rate.
- Mulitple actuator options available for testing any material from ultra soft gels to hard coatings.
- Available scratch option featuring a maximum normal load of 50 mN, maximum scratch distance of 2.5mm and a maximum scratch speed of 500 µm/s.
Electromagnetic actuators are used in all systems produced by KLA, including the iMicro. These actuators are robust linear devices that inherently decouple force and displacement. They offer a maximum force of 1N, resolution of 6 nN and ultra low noise floors of less < 200 nN.
With a time constant of 20 micro seconds, the iMicro is the only commercial nanoindenter to simultaneously meet specs for a maximum indenter travel of 80 µm, a noise floor of < 0.1 nm, a digital resolution of 0.04 nm and drift rates of < 0.05 nm/s.
To ensure the widest range and most reliable data in the industry, iMicro is capable of dynamic excitation frequencies from 0.1 Hz to 1 kHz.
iMicro includes InView software, which offers an extremely powerful and intuitive experiment-scripting platform that can be used for designing novel experiments. Experienced users can set up and perform virtually any small-scale mechanical test with the iMicro.
Sample stage movement of 25 mm in the Z axis, 100 mm in the X, and 100 mm in the Y axis allows testing of a wide range of sample heights, and over a large sample area.
Load-frame stiffness > 3,500,000 N/m
Unique tip-calibration system integrated into the software that allows for fast, accurate and automated tip calibration
Optional NanoBlitz Topography and Tomography Software to perform 3D and 4D mapping of materials.
Whether you are a scientist in an industrial laboratory or a researcher in an academic environment, iMicro provides a wide range of applications including:
- Thin films, coatings, and surface treatment
- Metals, ceramics, and polymers
With flexibility in mind, iMicro allows for a wide range of tests including, but not limited to:
- Modulus & Hardness (Oliver & Pharr)
- Frequency-specific experiments
- Storage & Loss Modulus
- Constant Strain Rate & Constant Loading Rate
- Crack initiation & growth
- Displacement measurement: Capacitive Gauge
- Displacement range: 80 microns
- Displacement resolution (electronic): 0.04 nm
- Typical noise : < 0.25 nm
- Load Application: Electromagnetic
- Maximum Load: 1000 mN
- Load Resolution: 6 nN
- Data Acquisition Rate: 100 khz
- Closed Loop CPU Control Rate: 500 Hz
- Dynamic Excitation Frequencies: 0.1 Hz -1 kHz